Sunday 18 January 2015

Foundation woes on a Sunday

I could have easily walked out of Woolworths today with both a Smashbox Liquid Halo and a Stila Stay All Day foundation. I also had my eye on the Smashbox Favourites collection which is a sample size pack of Smashbox's best products but due to lack of service and testers, I left empty handed.

I haven't tried either of the above mentioned foundations yet and because I am in the market for a foundation, I felt like trying one I haven't before. This means that I also had to do some serious colour matching and went with a bare face so that I can find the perfect fit.

I usually go to Woolworths Clearwater when I do feel like my W card is burning a hole in my pocket but because I wanted make-up, I drove the few extra kilometres to Cresta as Clearwater does not stock any high end cosmetics. While I was absolutely vulnerable to spend a great deal of money on make-up on a Sunday, Woolworths just wasn't interested in taking advantage of it.

Upon walking into Woolworths, the Smashbox stand winked at me and I immediately started unpacking the shelves for a tester to try on myself but there were no testers available for my skin tone and so without panicking, I scanned the cosmetic section for the nearest Woolworths employee. No one seemed to be around but without being deterred, I turned towards the Stila shelf. But despite my excitement, I ran into exactly the same problem - no tester and no employee to assist with the no tester problem.

Annoyed, I walked around the cosmetics section for a bit looking for someone to help me. I finally caught the eye of an employee across the aisle in the clothing section and smiled brightly but instead of being encouraged to approach, the employee looked in a different direction.

Should I have asked for the manager? Should I have waited for the cosmetic section employees to return and then complained? I could've but I chose to leave with a frown on my bare face and vowed to never buy from Woolworths Cresta again.

A while ago I wouldn't have been able to keep this vow but luckily Foschini is now stocking Smashbox and if I am still convinced that I need the Stila foundation in my life a month from now, I can buy it from Truworths and Stuttafords. Woolworths clearly does not want my money so why in the world would I get upset if I can't give it to them?

No comments:

Post a Comment