Sunday 9 August 2015

Liquid metallic effect

I rocked this look on Friday.

It was a bit bold for a day look and maybe not very wintery but I felt like taking my eyeshadow up a notch that morning so I skipped the winged eyeliner and lashes to make it more wearable. By 22h00 that evening, it was still vibrant and in place.


Here's how I got the colour to go on like a liquid metal and made it stick for over 12 hours.

First, eyeshadow primer. See my favourite eye primers here.


I followed that with my Kryolan black eyeliner pencil (cruelty-free) over my lid and not taking it higher than my crease. I evened it out and then dipped into my colour.

For an intense colour with minimal fallout, it is best to layer your eyeshadow with a flat, dense eyeshadow brush. I used my Clarins Ultraviolet shadow (discontinued) and a purple from an E.l.f. shadow duo (cruelty-free). I set the eye liner with the E.l.f. shadow and then wet a dense flat shadow brush with Smashbox Primer water and pressed it into my ultraviolet shadow. I covered my lid with the ultraviolet until I was satisfied with the intensity and then I pressed more dry ultraviolet shadow with my finger onto the lid while my lid was still damp.

I worked a peach and brown eyeshadow into the crease for a smooth transition into my nude brow bone colour, definition and depth and then sprayed my lids with the primer water again.

I finished the rest of my make-up, leaving my mascara for later and then set everything with my Avon make-up setting spray.  Once my face was dry, I applied my mascara.

I rubbed my eyes during the course of the day and even put some eye drops in but the colour stayed beautifully.

When I achieve long lasting colour like this, I'm always tempted to leave it on overnight to test whether it will transfer to my pillow and smudge or surprise me by waking up pretty in the morning but the threat of premature wrinkles always wins.

So, try this with any of your shimmery, metallic eyeshadows and pigments and let me know how it works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment