Monday 5 January 2015

Where are the SA beauty vloggers?

On my YouTube channel subscription tab, I have a long, long list of beauty channels. It is like watching Style Network but better. On YouTube, I have no TV schedule to follow to get my make-up tutorial and beauty tip fix and endless options.

Problem is, that although I love each and every one of these beauty vloggers, they mostly feature brands like Tarte, Urban Decay and Too Faced that are not sold commercially in South Africa. This is due to the fact that I have been following vloggers from all over the world, ranging from the USA to Australia but no South Africans in between.

When I came to the realisation that a South African vlogger might be able to relate to my beauty issues and would more likely be reviewing items from Clicks and Dischem that I can pick up on my next supply run, I started searching for South African vloggers. The YouTube search was not much help and returned all kinds of silliness and very few hits when I entered "South African beauty guru" into the engine.

I then went to my favourite SA blogs to see whether they I can find their vlog links and recommendations. Long search short, I am now subscribing to the following SA beauty channels:
It seems that either I'm missing something or South Africans are slow to catch onto YouTube vlogging. Please leave a comment if you can recommend a SA vlogger who regularly uploads videos to add to my selection of beauty kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment